Monday, November 29, 2010

Beef Burritos

Burritos, Kristie

1.5lb. ground beef
1 green pepper
1 onion
2 c. shredded American cheese
1 can refried beans(I use dark red kidney beans blended)
1 packet burrito seasoning(I use McCormick brand)
1 package tortillas
Preheat oven to 350. Cook the hamburger with the green pepper and onions on the stovetop. Add the seasoning to the hamburger and simmer according to the packet directions. In the meantime, I usually shred the cheese and then blend the beans, but if your using pre shredded cheese and canned refried beans then you are golden. Assemble the burritos; I am pretty sure you can use your own judgement. However, the last time I gave this recipe out they came back and asked me how much of everything I used, so just in case. Spoon one (serving spoon size) amount of beans on the tortilla. Then on top of that one (serving spoon size) amount of hamburger mixture on top of the beans I would say about a 1/4 c. of cheese on top of that.
Growing up my mom used to make something like 100-150 burritos at a time and freeze them individually so that we could throw one in the microwave or oven for something to hold us over until she would get home from work. These were always a go growing up.
I like them in the oven cause they get a little crispy. They cook fine in the microwave oven too.
Frozen:
Oven @ 350 for about 45 mins. uncovered.
Microwave on high for 3 or 4 mins.
Also: We've added sour cream and salsa and I've cooked Rice a Roni Mexican style rice as a side. Hope you Enjoy the

No comments:

Post a Comment