Monday, November 29, 2010

Potato Cheese Soup, Stef

4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 in cubes
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped carrots
(all cut 1 1/2 inches)
1 quart chicken broth
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp salt or seasoned salt
pepper
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese
Cover vegetables in stockpot with chicken broth. Cover and boil 15-20 minutes until vegetables are soft. Pour ingredients into blender and puree until smooth. Return to saucepan and adjust seasonings (I didn't adjust). Add cheese and cook on low, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
Enjoy!
I quadrupled the recipe, so what you have is what this recipe makes - seems like it may serve 4-6. I don't think I've ever made a single recipe - always doubled. My mom used to make this for us growing up and I always associate it with a "special" day - looking back tihs was a lot of food, but the memory of this soup is always associated with cold winter days when she'd serve this with cheeseburgers cooked in the broiler - it's a wonder we weren't obese - though it's PLENTY hardy to serve as a meal of its own with a salad. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment