Monday, November 29, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

4 chicken breasts
1/4 c. sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
I think it is 16 oz. jar of Picante Sauce or salsa
(use the regular size jar)
tortillas
Preheat over to 350 degrees.
Okay, here is how I cook my chicken for those of you that wondered: On medium heat with a tbsp of oil and I sprinkle salt n' pepper and toward the end of the cooking I add minced onion so that it doesn't burn. I actually like to use the tenders instead of the breast because I have figured out how to cook them without over cooking them. I think(I never really timed it) it is about 3-4 min. per side for tenders that is. Hope this helps...keep in mind that they are going to cook more in the oven.
Dice up the cooked chicken. Mix the sour cream, cream of chicken, and picante sauce or salsa. Then mix about half of the mixture with the chicken. Spoon chicken mixture on tortilla then spinkle desired amount of cheese and roll up and repeat. When finished rolling up the chicken pour the rest of the sour cream mixture over the enchiladas and top off with the remaining cheese.(I usually have used 1 bag of cheese inside the enchiladas and 1 for the top.) Bake @ 350 for 20-30 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment